Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Param-param!

So I've been reading and researching some things about the University of Santo Tomas. I've been to some sites that really got my attention. They give tips on how to survive College, what to bring in first days and practically anything that'll help incoming freshmen like me to cope up good into College life.

They said that at the Freshmen Walk, when the whole university welcomes freshmen students, we will enter this so-called Arch of the Centuries which was originally at Intramuros and was transferred to UST. This is the Arch of the Centuries:



And when we enter the Arch, we are not supposed to get-out of there as we study in UST. Because there is this old lore that when a student goes out of the Arch, he/she will be debarred. Well, even if I don't believe in lores, it wouldn't hurt to avoid the freaking Arch on my way out. I also found out that the Main Building (the Hogwarts) is the tallest building in the University. And with that, they are not allowed to building another structure taller than the Main Building which look like a freaking church.

But what I really adored was the "Tips kung paano masususlit ang tuition fee" because one of the tips there was:
Charge your portable devices or gadgets at school. It is included at your energy fee which is high. So better use up all the energy by charging your laptop, cellphone, iPod or any portable gadget that you got. (Promise, bumaba ang bill namin nung ginawa ko'to.)

I don't know but I found it really funny. And also I realized that I'm now allowed to bring gadgets to school. Because in PCS we're not allowed to do that. But now, I can enjoy the freedom to do so. I'm so happy. I should really follow those tips back there. I really enjoy reading things about my new school and finding out old infos about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment